Pincurls and Pout

Welcome to Pincurls and Pout

With over 20 years experience of West End theatre we are passionate about sharing our skills with other vintage enthusiasts.

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Meet Jeanie Pincurl!

Hi I'm Jeanie Pincurl aka Jeanette.
I have come to realise that I love escapism.
 It all began age 8 when I flew away on  a wishing chair and disappeared up a Magic Faraway tree! I then discovered Doris Day and Elvis films and would fill my days singing along and escaping in to a world where problems were solved through song, pretty dresses and great hair!


Age 13 I worked in a local hairdressers on a Saturday and stayed  there until age 18  I left the London College of Fashion and entered the big jazz hand world of West-end Theatre.

I started selling ice creams and programs on Cats, moved on to dressing on Cabaret then landed my first real job in a wig department, age 19 on Chess at the Prince Edward Theatre.
I have flown around the west end experiencing 1930s on Me and My Girl, 1940s on Sunset Boulevard and the 1970s on Miss Saigon, among many  others.  I made so many wonderful friends who are still dear to me today and gained a wealth of experience which is ever growing
Sixteen years ago I became involved in Chickenshed Theatre and work with a fantastic creative team who continually throw new challenges my way.

I have two creative and exciting teenagers who love fashion. They are responsible for me getting my mojo back! It's like christmas 1977 all over again except this time my girls world is real!
So here I am at 40 something having the time of my life playing dress up with a wonderful girl friend, driving around London helping others to feel glam and fulfill their inner vintage diva. Its a great distraction from the real world of austerity measures. I guess I am back to using escapism again.
 It's never let me down before!





I'd also like to thank my wonderful better half who has always supported all my crazy adventures. 
Thanks Sam x

Next week meet Betsy Pout!

  


2 comments:

  1. Always Fab to 'meet' the faces behind the name and hear your stories...i'm loving your work and i'm already a fan on Facebook...and I'm now a Blog follower too! ;-) x
    Leanne From www.Kissmycake.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this make you an escapist? Can you get out of boxes that are locked? Because that would be funny! Also, lots of exclamation marks used there, very exciting.
    From your daughter (thanks for the compliments by the way!)
    www.invisible-eavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete