Pincurls and Pout

Welcome to Pincurls and Pout

With over 20 years experience of West End theatre we are passionate about sharing our skills with other vintage enthusiasts.

Sunday 28 August 2011

Inspiration in My living Room

Hi we are back from our holidays and ready for the next few months ahead. We have photo shoots, rehearsals, parties, fairs and shows booked so it looks like it will be a busy time up until Christmas!

Although we have been away our vintage radar is rarely switched off! From Betsy buying up books and discovering vintage shops on the beach, to Jeanie dragging her family around the charity shops of Edinburgh.  We are always taking inspiration from people and experiences around us.

Yesterday I found inspiration in my living room. 
My dear mum popped over with an old envelope of photographs for me to look through.  My mum trained as a hairdresser in the late fifties and worked throughout the sixties and seventies with a brief dalliance in the eighties. She is still fashion savvy and believes in growing old disgracefully. Therefore I often check our hair and make up references with her - she is the real deal.

So let me share with you some of our family pictures.
1955

  
                                                                  1968
My Mum had three children and I wasn't even one but she still managed to look glamorous.

1960s
My grandmother and her sisters.


This is my favorite picture. I think you get a true picture of what they wore and how they did their hair and make up in the mid 50s.

So when you're looking through the attic or visiting your grandparents ask them about their photographs and what fashion they wore it gives you a real insight.

Thanks Mum x

I'll post some more pics on our facebook page and if you want to share any with us that would be great.

We are at the Vintage Teaparty and Gift Fair at the Boogaloo on Saturday 3rd September hope to see you there x





No comments:

Post a Comment